Thursday 28 July 2016

Linacre - 28th July 2016

It was quite sunny this morning this morning, so I had  a couple of hours down at Linacre to see if I could catch up with the Shag. It took me about an hour, but I eventually found it on the overflow of the middle reservoir. It was quite confiding, and I managed to get a nice photo showing how its moulting into its adult plumage.

Shag

As well as the Shag, other birds spotted were, a female Sparrowhawk over the top reservoir, 5 Grey Wagtails (1 adult and 4 juveniles), a Kingfisher, 2 Great-crested Grebes, a Jay, 3 Grey Herons, 1 Swift, 30-40 House Martins and a female Tufted Duck with 5 ducklings.

A Common Frog was also spotted.

Common Frog

There were lots of insects about, but I'll save those for another post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment