Sunday 10 November 2013

Linacre Ringing - 9th November

After four weeks off due to the weather I managed to get out ringing again this morning. I went out with Sorby Breck to Linacre and together we managed to catch 28 birds of 7 species (Dunnock, Wren, Robin, Chaffinch, Great, Blue and Coal Tit).

My personal totals were (new/retrap): Blue Tit 3/2, Great Tit 1/1,  Coal Tit 1/0, Robin 0/2 and Dunnock 1/0.

One of the re trapped Great Tits was wearing a B ring, which means that it was ringed as a chick (pullus), hopefully in one of our boxes. I'll let you know when I get the details.

Other birds seen on sight were: Crossbill (20 flew over the ringing site),  Redwing (5+), Fieldfare (c40 over),  Starling ( 3 groups of approx. 40 birds flew over), Sparrowhawk (1 female being mobbed by a Crow), Grey Heron (2 flew over), Skylark (1 was heard flying over).

No comments:

Post a Comment